The Story So Far
I installed the new roofcam
to keep an eye on the weather and the weatherstation.
I installed our weather station on the roof
. Live data from the station will soon be available on the Web.
- Jackie & Jayne run in the
Annual Dog Day Race (photos).
- The Associated Press published
an article about the beach erosion issues in Harvey Cedars
live daycam is back online
- Another successful rental season ends. Thank you to all our tenants!
The drip irrigation system starts up.
Ice surfing. Is this really Spring?
NY Times reports on beach bombs
quick look at the post-winter beach
. Also, a peek at the
super-fast whole-house water system drain
- Reminder: This site is featured at
The surfing season ends.
A Thanksgiving Day nor'easter hits the island.
A border of VERY BIG river rocks sets off the arborvitae bed. Also, Jayne's mutant juniper arrives.
- Our home, our town and our island are at grave risk because of
issues concerning access to the beaches
- The international
attic stairs are installed.
- Post-construction construction:
new walls, attic stairs and clotheslines.
- The house that we built back in 1991 and sold in 2000 is for sale again.
See the multimedia pitch here.
Jackie completes the Ocean Drive Marathon
- Sadly, the US is losing its critical
technology race. If you've installed one of those wooden sets from Home Depot (or just been injured by one), you already know the awful truth.
NJ puts the "dumb" in "dumbwaiter!"
. Our tax dollars at work.
exterior finishing phase is officially declared complete
. We have the Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (TCO) allowing human habitation.
- We passed our final building inspection today.
- Insulation! Coaxial cables! Sheetrock! Soffits! Angry pigeons! My wife! They're at these links:
framing stage is completed
(photos are here)
Driving the piles is completed
Web site map
Confused by the Web site design? You're kidding! Here's a map to guide you.
The story so far...
on how we got to this point.
Use the header tabs at any time to switch to the other sections:
- Maps, surveys, aerial photos, driving directions. Info about Long Beach Island. Many photos of the beach and the surrounding area.
- Plans, construction pictures, ideas, travails and continuing journals.
- It was OK. We demolished it anyway. Adventures in house buying, repair and maintenance.
Our South Salem NY House Project
- Photo history of our 2001 construction project.
The Days' Shore House is featured at: